Baby & Toddler Holiday Essentials Checklist
Planning a holiday with your baby or toddler can be exciting, but it can also be quite daunting when you consider all the things you need to pack. Whether you’re going on a short break or a longer trip abroad, it’s important to have a comprehensive checklist to ensure that you don’t forget any of the essential items you and your little one will need.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a checklist of what to take on holiday with a baby or toddler to help you pack with confidence.
Baby Holiday Essentials Checklist
Passport: Don’t forget your baby's passport if you're travelling abroad. Ensure that it's valid and that you have obtained all necessary visas for your destination.
Car seat: If you're going on a road trip, make sure that your baby has a suitable car seat that meets the legal requirements of your destination. It's best to check the car seat requirements in advance.
Changing bag: A changing bag is an essential item for any parent on the go. Make sure to pack enough nappies, wipes, and nappy bags.
Blankets: It's always a good idea to pack a few blankets for your baby. They come in handy for keeping your baby warm during travel or for covering up while breastfeeding.
Your baby's favourite toy: A familiar toy can provide comfort and entertainment to your little one during the journey and throughout your holiday.
Pushchair: A pushchair is a must-have item for any holiday with a baby or toddler. Choose a lightweight and easy-to-fold pushchair that fits in the boot of your car.
First aid kit: In case of an emergency, pack a first aid kit with essentials like baby paracetamol, plasters, and antiseptic cream.
Food and drink supplies
Baby food and formula: Don't forget to pack enough food and formula for the duration of your trip. If you're flying, it's best to pack the food in your checked luggage, as there are restrictions on liquids in carry-on bags.
Snacks: Pack some healthy snacks like fruit or cereal bars to keep your little one happy on long journeys or during day trips.
Drinks: Pack plenty of water and juice to keep your baby hydrated throughout your holiday.
Weather-appropriate clothing: Pack clothes that are suitable for the weather conditions of your destination.
Sun protection clothing: Sun protection clothing, such as UV protective hats, shirts, and swimsuits, are essential for protecting your little one's delicate skin from harmful UV rays.
Shoes: Comfortable shoes are a must-have item for your little one's holiday wardrobe, including sandals and trainers. Check out our shoes collection here.
Sleepsuits: Bring enough sleepsuits for your baby to sleep in comfortably at night.
Bibs: Pack bibs to protect your baby's clothes during meal times.
Accessories: Pack accessories such as socks, hats, and mittens, to keep your little one comfortable and cosy.
Travel Cot: A travel cot is essential for any overnight stays, and it’s best to bring your own as you can ensure it is comfortable and safe for your baby.
Bedding: Pack bedding for your travel cot, including sheets, blankets and a sleeping bag if needed.
Nightlight: If your baby is used to sleeping with a nightlight, make sure to pack one.
Sleepsuits: Pack enough sleepsuits for your little one to sleep in comfortably.
Bedtime books: Get your baby’s favourite books for a peaceful and restful night of sleep
Blackout blinds: If your baby is sensitive to light, it's a good idea to bring portable blackout blinds that can be used to create a dark sleeping environment.
You may also like: What are Neutral Baby Colours for Baby Clothes?
Snacks: Pack healthy snacks to keep your little one happy and nourished during day trips.
Water: Always pack plenty of water to keep your baby hydrated throughout the day.
Baby carrier: A baby carrier can be useful for carrying your little one around on day trips, leaving your hands free.
Sun cream: It's essential to protect your baby's delicate skin from the sun, so make sure to pack a high SPF sun cream.
Hat: A hat will help to protect your baby's face and head from the sun.
Plastic cutlery: make eating out easy with some small plastic cutlery
Tips for Holidays with a Baby or Toddler
- Plan ahead: Create a comprehensive travel checklist, including all the essential items your baby or toddler will need, to ensure you don't forget anything important.
- Pack smart: Choose lightweight and compact travel gear, such as a lightweight stroller or a travel crib, to make travelling with your baby or toddler more manageable.
- Book child-friendly accommodation: When possible, choose a child-friendly accommodation that offers amenities such as a travel cot, high chair, and baby-friendly swimming pools.
- Keep snacks and drinks handy: Pack plenty of snacks and drinks, including formula or breast milk, to keep your little one nourished and happy during the journey.
- Schedule your travel around your baby's sleep schedule: Try to schedule your travel around your baby's sleep schedule, so they are well-rested and less likely to get upset.
- Be prepared for emergencies: Pack a first aid kit and any necessary medications, and research the nearest medical facilities at your destination in case of an emergency.
- Be flexible and patient: Travelling with a baby or toddler can be unpredictable, so be prepared to be flexible with your plans and patient if things don't go as smoothly as you had hoped.
Packing for a holiday with a baby or toddler can be overwhelming, but with the right checklist, it can be a breeze.
Remember to pack all the essentials, including your baby's passport, car seat, changing bag, blankets, and first aid kit. Don't forget to pack enough food, drink, and clothes suitable for the weather.
You are now ready to enjoy your holidays with your little one!