Inside a Pepa & Co. Garden Party
Two brands that have come together based on the love they share of nature, craftsmanship and quintessential British heritage, we introduce the limited-edition. Bertioli by Thyme and Pepa London Collaboration.
Focussing on the essence of a traditional English countryside, from the sweet smelling lavender to the fluttering dancing bees, these two traditionally British and luxury brands have brought you a limited-edition Mummy and Me collection for the very first time.
To celebrate, we had the pleasure at hosting a selection of families, with their darling little ones, to enjoy a day of exploring the beautiful grounds that Thyme has to offer. From an adventurous scavenger hunt through the sweet-smelling gardens, to delicious biscuit decorating our we could capture our #littlepepas making their memories in the beautiful countryside that they can look back on in many years to come.
YUMMY BISCUIT DECORATING
Charlie Hibbert's Spiced Biscuits
A little sweet treat, the spiced biscuits are a delicious recipe and such fun to decorate! Our little ones had such fun icing and sprinkling their biscuits and they were certainly gobbled up rather quickly.
To make your own yummy spiced biscuit, see the recipe and method below:
250g plain flour, plus extra for rolling
3.4 baking powder
A pinch of salt
150g unsalted butter
3tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon
1/2tsp each ground cloves and nutmeg
100g muscovado or molasses sugar
25g runny honey or golden syrup
1 medium egg
1) Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2)In a saucepan, melt the butter with the spices then add the sugar and honey, breaking up any lumps of sugar with a spoon.
3) Remove from the heat, leave to cool for 2-3 mins then bear in the egg.
4) Stir this in with the flour and mix everything to a soft, smooth dough. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill.
5) When ready to bake, remove the dough and bring up to room temperature. Roll out on a floured surface and cut into shapes (remembering to put in a hole for a ribbon, if you want to hang them).
6) Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the shapes onto the tray, lifting them carefully with a spatula. Bake for 15 mins.
7) When cooked, leave to cool on the tray and decorate as you wish!
ADVENTUROUS SCAVENGER HUNT
Getting lost in the meadows
For a fun-filled adventure, we sent our little ones on a sunny scavenger hunt. They got to explore the beautiful gardens that Thyme has to offer while checking off their clipboard the wonderful parts of nature along the way!
FUN FACE PAINTS
What garden party is without the joyfulness of face painting. Our littles were invited to sit and draw on our drawing table while waiting to have their face painted with any fun creation they wanted!
We loved watching our #littlepepas enjoy their day in the sunshine! We are so proud of this collaboration and feel passionate about combining luxury with the beauty of nature to bring us the Mummy and Me capsule for the first time ever.